SAA tDAR Abstract Project
Once again Digital Antiquity has partnered with SAA to preserve the meeting abstracts and make the presentations and data used to support them available in tDAR. As a presenter you can access your record in tDAR, edit the metadata, and upload a PDF copy of your paper, presentation, poster, or other supplementary data (up to 3 files/30MB). At present, abstracts from meeting years 2015 and 2016 are available. 2017 will be available shortly after the meeting closes in Vancouver this April. Here’s how to get started:
- Search for your abstract.
- Request access (will require a free registration).
- Once completed, we will send you a message with a link to edit the abstract and upload the record.
- Scroll down and edit or enhance any of the metdata you would like. Click on the green “add files” button under “Attach Document Files” and follow the prompt to upload a PDF copy of your paper or poster. If you’d like to upload a dataset in addition to your paper or presentation, please contact us for a voucher. If you are adding multiple files (e.g. your paper, a copy of your presentation, and a dataset) you will probably want to create a project.
- You may save your work at any point along the way, but when your edits are complete, make sure to change your resource’s status from “draft” to “active”.
- Click save and you are done!
- As always, please call or email Leigh Anne at (480) 965-1593 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions along the way!
SAA Member Benefits
The Society for American Archaeology supports a generous tDAR benefit for retired members, student members, members from countries with discounted membership rates, and members from Tribal Historic Preservation Offices. These member categories are eligible for a voucher that allows them to upload ten files (totaling 100MB) to tDAR. This is a wonderful opportunity to preserve and make accessible your archaeological information.
To take advantage of your SAA Member Benefit please follow these steps:
- Email email@example.com and request your tDAR voucher for 2017 before January 31st, 2018.
- Log-in to tDAR, or visit tDAR.org to sign up.
- Head over to tDAR’s pricing page (core.tdar.org/cart/add)
- Enter your voucher number in the “Redeem Code” field
- Click “Next: Review & Choose Payment Method.” Your credit will be added to your account and you can begin uploading files!